Holiday travel especially flying by United will just become more affordable but only if you’re the right age. The airline is offering 10% discount to young flyers in a promotion that runs through the end of the year. Only 18 to 22-year-old travelers are eligible for this membership discount. In other words, millennials can stand out: They’re officially too old for this deal.
Criteria for the Offer
- You must be a registered MileagePlus member with your birthdays listed in the United account.
- You need to book your flights through United airline’s app and not the website.
- You must book an economy-class ticket for the discount to apply.
- The 10% offer applies if you’re traveling in the United States, Mexico, and Canada only.
- The offer is valid for flights booked till December 31, 2019.
- Even though the actual flight can take place in 2020, the purchase must be completed by the end of 2019.
How to get the Discount?
It’s easy, just follow these steps:
- Download the United app from Google Play Store.
- Sign up for a MileagePlus account
- Enter your date of birth
- Search for flights on the United app
- Select ‘Book’ on the bottom navigation bar
- Select ‘Discounted travel (ages 18-22)’
- The 10% discount will automatically show up when you search for flights.
Why is United offering the Deal?
In this fiercely competitive US market, offers and deals can build brand loyalty and help differentiate United from rival airlines. Also, savings of 10% can quickly add up if thousands of travelers avail the offer over multiple journeys. As the promotion covers the younger age group that needs to be aware of eco-friendly flying, United will be carbon offsetting the first 25,000 flights booked under the promotion, via its Eco-Skies initiative.