A great bonus for student passengers of Gulf Air! Bahrain’s national carrier is offering college and university students traveling with the airline to check in an addition 23-kilogram bag, free of charge. While the move was to cater to travelers with distinct baggage requirements, there’s no doubt that the enhanced baggage allowance will attract more student flyers throughout the academic year.
Earlier, the Gulf airline sanctioned such bonus baggage allowances through the airline offices and it had to be done a few days prior to the trip. Now with this simple procedure, Gulf Air offers all university students an easy way to carry more. They can carry their books, laptops, winter clothes and so on while flying to college or returning home for the summer. Simply show the student badge and walk right in with an additional bag that costs zero extra pounds.
Process for Students’ Extra Baggage Allowance by Gulf Air
The new rule is applicable to all undergraduate and postgraduate students flying between any points within the airline’s global network. It’s simple, all they need is to present their student ID cards to the check-in counter agents to benefit from the new policy.
- Present your student ID card to the check-in counter agent
- Name on the student ID card and on the air ticket must match
- The check-in counter agent provides an additional 23-kilogram bag free of charge
Free Extra Baggage Allowance for Golfers
To facilitate travel to golfers around its global network, the Gulf carrier has enhanced its baggage allowance for golf players too. They can now include one golf bag over and above their baggage allowance. Not to miss their golf equipment! While many golfers preferred to fly with the carrier to attend golf events and tournaments regionally and globally, the complimentary baggage allowance comes as a reward for flying with Gulf Air.
Gulf Air Baggage Allowance
In 2018, the leading airline had launched a new and simplified baggage policy providing more choice and clarity to its passengers. However, it replaced the old weight concept with a harmonised convenient concept worldwide, which provided greater benefits to passengers and Falconflyer loyalty programme members.
- Falcon Gold passengers can check in 2 bags of up to 32 kg each.
- In Economy class, those on friendly and random fares redemption tickets can check in 2 bags of up to 23 kg each.
- In Economy class, those on deals and basic fares can check in 1 bag of up to 23 kg.
- All passengers flying to/from India, Pakistan, or Bangladesh are permitted to check-in a maximum of 2 pieces of baggage, with a maximum combined weight as per ticketed baggage weight allowance.